Staring at a completely empty bookshelf can feel a bit overwhelming. Wanting the aesthetics to be both beautiful and functional can be challenging but it’s so important especially if you live in a small home and need a place to put things but don’t want it to all look cluttered. Below are my top tips!
- Make one of your shelves your own bar cart. I have a lazy susan (similar here) and I place my favorite decanters and liquor bottles on that so that you can easily spin it around. Then next to it I have glasses like these that just make a cocktail look all the better!
- Books, Books, Books! I love to collect coffee table books and stack them in all different varieties on the shelves. Some are standing up while others are leaning up against the wall. If you don’t have many coffee table books, try taking the book jackety off of any hard cover books you have. Usually underneath is a neutral color that looks much prettier than the book jacket. Check out my coffee table books here!
- Vases, jars, nicknacks: Any vases that I don’t have room for in my kitchen cabinets I love to set out on the shelves as well. I have my eye on these!
- Candles: Maybe the most important thing of all. Having a candle going as much as you possibly can is a game changer! Here are some of my favorite one! If you aren’t in to candles and incense is more your thing, check out my post here to see how easily you can make your own incense holder!
- Adding some art and setting it up on the back of the shelf always adds some height and interest. I am a sucker for black and white prints lately. Some of my favorites can be found here and here!
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment